Landed Housing Area Plan
SAFEGUARDING OF LANDED HOUSING AREA
From this set of Landed Housing Area Plan, you are able to find out the locations of these safeguarded estates, and the type of housing that can be built in your estate. These estates are categorised by the predominant housing form as follows:
- Good Class Bungalow area where bungalow development must have a minimum plot size of 1,400 sqm. Strata bungalows are also permitted.
- Bungalow area where bungalow development must have a minimum plot size of 400 sqm. Strata bungalows are also permitted.
- Semi-detached area where bungalows, strata bungalows, semi-detached and strata semi-detached houses are permitted.
- Mixed Landed housing area where any form of landed housing such as bungalows, semi-detached houses and terrace type I (occupying a land area of 150 sqm) are permitted. In addition, townhouses, strata bungalows and cluster housing with their own control guidelines are also permitted. Terrace type II (occupying a land area of 80 sqm) is, however subject to evaluation as these houses with 1.0m front setback could affect the streetscape.
LANDED HOUSING AREA PLAN
In 1994, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) carried out a study of all existing landed housing estates. This study arose from an observation that the character of some of our landed housing estates has been changing, especially in the older housing estates. Land was being subdivided into smaller plots for terrace and semi-detached houses while others are developed for flats and condominiums. It was also common for homeowners to add a second or third storey to their existing houses.
If such developments were allowed to continue freely, the character of these established housing areas would be changed. But in land scarce Singapore, it would not be possible to preserve all landed housing estates in their original forms. Nevertheless, some of these estates need to be protected to satisfy the needs and aspirations of Singaporeans who want to live in a good landed property environment.
As part of the Master Plan 2008, Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) have reviewed and updated this set of safeguarding plans that was introduced as the Designated Landed Housing Estates Plan.
Developments in these estates, including Good Class Bungalow Areas (GCBA) are generally allowed up to 2 storeys. In estates where there is no 2-storey restriction, new buildings of up to 3 storeys are permitted.
Please note that an estate safeguarded for landed housing does not automatically render it eligible for the plan lodgment scheme.
MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING BUILDINGS
Existing buildings may remain until they are rebuilt in the future. The proposal to rebuild the existing building is subject to evaluation based on the landed housing proposal for the area.
If you wish to renovate or modify your house, you must follow the guidelines on landed housing in your area. In addition, you must satisfy the prevailing planning controls on plot size, plot width and building setback requirements. For bungalows, the proposed extensions must also satisfy the site coverage requirements.
These are as follow:
|Within Good Class Bungalow Area||35%|
|Outside Good Class Bungalow Area||40% (for plots > 800m2)
40% (for plots < 800m2)
45% (for plots < 800m2) – Applicable to 2-storey mixed landed and 2-storey semi-detached housing areas.
Calculation by parcellation
- Area with roof eaves projection > 2.0 mA= 3.1 m x 3.0 m = 9.3 m2
B = 0.4 m x 5.0 m = 2.0 m2
- Area under roof eaves projection < 2.0 mC = Exempted
D = Exempted
- Area with roof eaves projection < 2.0 mE = 2.8 m x 2.0 m = 5.6 m2
- Area with no roof eavesF = 25.0 m x 9.0 m = 225 m2
- i. Total covered area = 241.9 m2
ii. Net site area = 800.0 m2
iii. Site coverage = 241.9/ 800.0 x 100 = 30.24 %
N.B: Write-up and photos credited to the Urban Redevelopment Authority URA.
Interested t0 buy a Good Class Bungalow in land scarce Singapore?
Call Serene Chua @ HP ( +65) 98-199-199 to begin your house hunting.
As your realtor, we are committed to do the homework for you and list available suitable Good Class Bungalows that are currently for sales.
***** MANY GOOD CLASS BUNGALOWS on hand, One call view all.****
$$ Referrals Appreciated $$